Vacancy for Self Employed Caterer
HOTA are looking for a suitable person or company to provide all food and catering provisions within the Association on a self-employed basis.
The applicant will provide a full service to include breakfast sandwiches etc, lunches and desserts Monday to Friday. Occasionally catering would be required for corporate days and functions.
All meals are prepared and cooked at the association’s Head Office on Sutton Fields. Serving of meals will be required at both Malmo Road and Albert Dock sites.
Ideal Candidates should:
- Have a track record and experience in catering operations
- Have great communication and interpersonal skills
- Have high professional standards
- Have the manpower to deliver a consistently high standard of catering to meet the needs of the learners, staff and visitors
- Be passionate about food and customer service
- Provide the large, fully equipped catering kitchen, inclusive of utilities
- Provide the learner and visitors numbers on a weekly basis
- Provide various cleaning materials
- Pay weekly in arrears on receipt of an invoice from the Contractor
The successful candidate(s) will:
- Provide catering services Monday to Friday, consisting of mainly breakfast sandwiches, lunches/desserts and snacks to the learners attending courses at the Association’s premises at both Malmo Road and Albert Dock and to such other persons, including visitors and employees at prices agreed with the Association
- Agree winter and summer menus with the Chief Executive of the Association
- Purchase all food and drinks required to provide the Service
- Prepare, cook and serve food and refreshments and to clear away and tidy the areas where such foods and drinks are served including all tables and chairs within the dining room area and to wash up all crockery and cutlery
- Provide sufficient, experienced and suitable staff in order to provide the Service
- Carry out other duties as the Association may reasonably require from time to time for agreed remuneration.
- Offer flexibility in the hours of service with a professional approach.
- Be fully conversant in latest Food Hygiene, Health and Safety and COSHH standards
- Deal directly with outside agencies including Environmental Health
- Provide allergen information and handle and manage food allergens effectively, ensuring the food is safe for learners, staff and visitors
- Provide a weekly invoice to the association for the learner and visitor meals and travel
The Association will pay the contractor on a per head basis for lunches/desserts at an agreed amount. Breakfast sandwiches and all other food sale items are direct income to the contractor including subsidiarised staff meals.
For further information please contact
Karen Shepherd or Claire Richardson on 01482 820567 or alternatively email Karen@hota.org or Claire@hota.org